Seth's Reviews > For Men Only: A Straightforward Guide to the Inner Lives of Women

For Men Only by Shaunti Feldhahn

Feb 03, 09

Read in January, 2009

This book is helpful to understanding women. There are two clear ideas that I earned from this book that I haven't gained elsewhere.

1. Women's preoccupations can't just be laid to rest by arguing out their merit. They are like programs open on a computer. You can minimize them but they can't just go away until the anxiety is directly resolved. The little "x" can be closed only when resolved.

2. Women have just as strong a need to be "pursued romantically" as men have being "sexually desired". I started looking for ways to make my wife remain in a constant state of romance and it has made a huge difference on her quality of life.

That is why I am giving it so many stars. The quality of the writing and the insight of the author's were not close to impressive. They were kind of goofy and simplistic. Its a short book and doesn't address any particular deficiency. It is a very brief overview of what women need from men to feel love. The ideas that I gained were sufficient to recommend the book. Don't look for brilliant marriage guidance here, however, you might find a few ideas that could improve your marriage.
5 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read For Men Only.