Stupac's Reviews > Rainbow Six

Rainbow Six by Tom Clancy

1987403
Feb 02, 09

Read in January, 2006

I found this very enjoyable. Tom Clancy writes an excellent espionage novel here. It is unfortunately somewhat predictable, but it still was exciting and a refreshingly quick read. It is very detailed story, not only the events (truly Julius Caesar was right when he said "In war, events of importance are the result of trivial causes"), but the technical information as well. Clancy puts himself easily into the shoes of the various characters even though many of them are diverse and have diametrically opposed world views, from antinomian terrorists to environmental lobbyists to the elite rainbow special forces operatives themselves. Despite the violence, I was surprised by the tinge of compassion that Clancy injects. My favorite character was probably the ex-KGB operative who uses the pseudonym "Popov" (can't remember his real name for some reason). Odd considering he appears to be a violent mercenary with no conscience, but in the end saves the world (even if it is for partially selfish motives).
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rainbow Six.