Sara's Reviews > Fledgling

Feb 02, 2009

did not like it
bookshelves: female-authors, fiction, sci-fi-fantasy
Read in February, 2009

I just barely made myself finish this. I thought the writing style was fairly dull, the social observations not nearly as interesting or original as the reviews I read had suggested, and at least the edition I read was really poorly edited for typos and punctuation. I did a lot of eye rolling at this one.
14 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fledgling.

message 1: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay SARA! I audiobooked this and couldn't make it through the second of 15 discs.

message 2: by Sara (new) - rated it 1 star

Sara I resent the entire experience. I want to replace the contents of it in my brain with something much better.

Mick I'm so glad someone else mentioned the typos! It has been driving me insane. Entire words are missing. She uses end quotations with no beginning. Who was the copy editor, and may I have their job, please? Yikes.

Cindy Williams Typos. where just crazy, very frustrating book, I only got half way through.

Michelle I did the audio and read the book. Reading it made it tolerable, audio...I definitely just rolled my eyes the whole time. If it wasn't for this being a book club book, I probably would have just stopped reading it.