Meghan's Reviews > These Three Remain

These Three Remain by Pamela Aidan

Feb 22, 09

Read in February, 2009

For some odd reason I had this obsession with reading Pride and Prejudice about a month ago. When I was finished, I became equally obsessed with discovering if anyone had written a sequel.
Ok, I know there is no way a sequel could even come close to being as good as the original but I thought perhaps someone had done some justice to Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth.
While I don't think Pamela did a horrible job, I also do not think it this book is worthy of a recommendation. I really felt like a large potion of the book was spent reviewing how Mr. Darcy's attendant dressed and shaved him and repeating large sections of the original novel, such as the various scenes at Rosings. Pamela does shed some light on the relationship between Darcy and Georgianna, which was decent. She also brings in two other characters, a friend Dy and his cousin although I find i extremely hard to believe that the term "cuz" was used.
If I was stuck someplace with nothing else to read, I'd pick this book up but I think next time I will stick to rereading P&P and just using my own imagination for any further thoughts on Mr. Darcy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read These Three Remain.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Meghan when i was at 1/2 price yesterday I saw about 3 other books from Mr. D's perspective. They were all tempting but I think I'll stick the original or decent present day takes like Bridget Jones Diary. I'll let you take a stab at Anne prequel and let me know. Maybe I should put the entire Anne series on my summer reading list!

Meghan how many books do you have going at one time? my head hurts from all your reading.