Taymara Jagmohan's Reviews > Steal Like an Artist: 10 Things Nobody Told You About Being Creative

Steal Like an Artist by Austin Kleon

Nov 07, 12

Read on November 07, 2012

Blissful read.

Sometimes, in the lifetime of yourself, you need to know what you are doing isn't just a flavour of "I am wasting time."

Previously, I was feeling such an impostor syndrome (psychological phenomenon in which people are unable to internalize their accomplishments), but now it's a little different.

To be quite frank, I have been feeling like that all my life.

It will be a little difficult to move from such a detriment, but it will never be impossible; for it is part of my thoughts now.

I have lived many days, and many nights. I have experienced what it is to live within; maybe not outside.
Maybe I have chosen not to live outside, because I am fearful of everything that everyone makes mention of.
I know, I know, I shouldn't make them my teachers, because bad teachers probably procreate terrible students.

If you don't possess passion within your days, then You will have belittling ones.
You will begin to feel inferior. You will cry. You will be dishonest. You will dwell in your possession of wholesome enemies. You will never augment the love that you have within you.

These are indeed, just words.
I may be wrong; but chances are- I will be correct as well.

Be what you need to be, for your conscience is indeed yours.

Good night, and I have spent an entire night reading, and engaging within myself.

I may not be an outside girl, but I am a happy indoor one.

I thank you my World, for everything you have given to me.
My life is an honour. I will not deride it in the face of others'.

Take care.

May you be happy; as I am.

Beautiful book, as well.

"There's only one rule I know of: you've got to be kind." Indeed. : )

Yours truly and ever blossoming,
Taymara.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Steal Like an Artist.