Jess's Reviews > 24 Girls in 7 Days

24 Girls in 7 Days by Alex Bradley

Mar 01, 09

bookshelves: z_09, fiction, ya
Recommended to Jess by: The Bulletin via my creation of a party bibliography
Recommended for: non jaded teens, prom hungry readers, YA lit fans willing to attempt a prom/ HS dating book
Read in February, 2009

Rejected by the prom date of his dreams, Jack scoffs at the idea that anyone will respond to a personal ad placed by his friends, Natalie and Percy. When an overwhelming number of girls respond, Jack has only seven days to figure out whom to take.

Yea! A pop fiction teen book with some tension that doesn't automatically give away the mystery/ending. There were some parts I really liked (see quote below) and some parts that were OK. I think plenty of teens will like the premise and I know they'll like Jack. He's sweet, funny, and his personal development isn't annoying or heavy handed. Plus, it's fun to have a main male character who actually wants to go to the prom. I think readers will be cool with the ending, too.

"I don't even want to know the rest of that story," Percy said. "But I do want to return to our hero, Jack Grammar. I seem to recall how at the first sleepover I went to at his house, he mandated an hour of silent reading before bedtime." (p. 196-97)
AH! love it.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 24 Girls in 7 Days.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by K (new)

K what's up with this book? I bought for my collection it not thinking it looked especially cooler than the other teen books out there, but it's already checked out three times in a month!

Jess Wow - I didn't realize it was popular in real life! I found it while working on a bibliography for the CCB. The description sounded interesting enough for me to want to read a prom book.

message 3: by Wyatt (new)

Wyatt Thompson I thought this was an interesting book, how it was told from the perspective of Jack. I liked how you could see his thoughts, and how it was almost exactly how a high schooler thinks. Jack is a very soft spoken and enjoyable kid, and i love ow the author makes he and his friends tell the childish drama of high school and prom problems. I agree with you in that the ending was creative, but almost able to see at the beginning, but thats what kept me reading I wanted to see how Jack would end the drama and go to prom.