Noa's Reviews > Mitla Pass

Mitla Pass by Leon Uris

1900867
Mar 22, 09

Recommended to Noa by: Dad
Recommended for: people who have already read Uris
read count: 1

Not one of his better books, though still very enjoyable. Through flashbacks, you can see what makes up a human being, what his strength's and limitations are. You really get to know the characters.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mitla Pass.

Quotes Noa Liked

Leon Uris
“One of the cheapest commodities in the world is unfulfilled genius. All of us want to be known as a unique individual, the one who broke out of the pack. So, you offer yourself up as a sacrifice and what you’re afraid of is losing and being thrown back into the pack. One question taunts you. Do you want to have, or do you want to be?”

Leon Uris
“I know writers have to be crazy. But more than that that, they have to get made and stay mad. If things don't make a writer mad, he'll end up writing Flopsy, Mopsy, and Cottantail.”

Leon Uris
“Miss Abigail, I want to be an author because writers know when a person is lonely. I mean, when Molly read me some books, those writers reached out and said, Look Gideon, we know about your loneliness and we know you're feeling downtrodden. And they said...I'll stand up for you. You're not lone anymore.”

Leon Uris
“A novel takes the courage of a marathon runner, and as long as you have to run, you might as well be a winning marathon runner. Serendipity and blind faith faith in yourself won't hurt a thing. All the bastards in the world will snicker and sneer because they haven't the talent to zip up their flies by themselves. To hell with them, particularly the critics. Stand in there, son, no matter how badly you are battered and hurt.”