Pamela's Reviews > Bitter Blood

Bitter Blood by Rachel Caine

Nov 16, 2012

bookshelves: paranormal
Read on November 16, 2012

I liked it, but more out of loyalty to the series than because it was just a great book. After 13 books, I'm so connected to the characters that I know I'll keep reading till Rachel ends the series. Keep reading at your own risk...I'm now going to vent on some of the reasons I'm frustrated with this book.

The overall plot was good. I liked the whole intrigue of Amelie being influenced without her knowledge. The thing that got me is that we're still dealing with the trust issues between Eve/Michael & Shane/Claire. After all they've been through, you'd think that they'd be over the petty jealousy issues. I'm also not a big Myrnin fan. I mean I like his character, but I just don't think of him as a possible love interest for Claire. I know he doesn't look old, but I can't help but think of him as an old man. The other thing I'm not quite sold on is the ghost drama. Even by the end of the book, I'm still not sure I understand that whole situation. Maybe Rachel meant to be vague & is going to elaborate on or incorporate them in the next novel. I did really like the moments that Rachel let Shane & Claire have. I love them as a couple. Shane has his douche-bag moments, but that just makes him human. I think if he were too perfect, no one would like him because that's not realistic. I wish that there was a little but more written about Shane & Claire's relationship. Not sure about the way Rachel ended this one. Is the next one gonna take place mainly in Boston as Claire & Shane start new lives...or try?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bitter Blood.