Shara's Reviews > Ghost Planet

Ghost Planet by Sharon Lynn Fisher

Nov 06, 2012

Read from November 09 to 11, 2012 — I own a copy

The premise: ganked from BN.com: Psychologist Elizabeth Cole prepared for the worst when she accepted a job on a newly discovered world — a world where every colonist is tethered to an alien who manifests in the form of a dead loved one. But she never expected she'd struggle with the requirement to shun these "ghosts." She never expected to be so attracted to the charming Irishman assigned as her supervisor. And she certainly never expected to discover she died in a transport crash en route to the planet.

As a ghost, Elizabeth is symbiotically linked to her supervisor, Murphy—creator of the Ghost Protocol, which forbids him to acknowledge or interact with her. Confused and alone—oppressed by her ghost status and tormented by forbidden love—Elizabeth works to unlock the secrets of her own existence.

But her quest for answers lands her in a tug-of-war between powerful interests, and she soon finds herself a pawn in the struggle for control of the planet…a struggle that could separate her forever from the man that she loves.

My Rating: Worth Reading, with Reservations

While I personally had a hard time putting this book down (seriously, it's a super-fast, engaging read), and while it's a good book, my reservations outweigh some of the good vibes. I'm not a huge fan of the romance elements in this book, as they bore me pretty easily and those diminish the love interest as a character. Yet if you're a fan of SFRs of any sort, you'd be totally remiss if you didn't check this book out. The SF storyline is quite good, quite engaging, and if you don't want to keep reading after the end of the first chapter, I don't know what's wrong with you. ;) Ghost Planet is a fun, engaging read, and while I know this particular book is a stand-alone, if the author ever returns to this world, I'll be happy to follow along.

Spoilers, yay or nay?: Yay. For those of you who want to remain surprised, do not read the full review at my blog. However, comments and discussion are always welcome, so feel free to drop check out said full review by clicking the link below!

REVIEW: Sharon Lynn Fisher's GHOST PLANET

Happy Reading!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ghost Planet.

message 1: by Sharon Lynn (new)

Sharon Lynn Fisher Thanks so much for taking the time to read/review, I enjoyed your insights!

Shara Sharon wrote: "Thanks so much for taking the time to read/review, I enjoyed your insights!"

You're very welcome!