Dylan's Reviews > The New Oxford Annotated Bible: New Revised Standard Version

did not like it
Recommended to Dylan by: Door to door salesman
Recommended for: Nobody
Read in January, 2009 , read count: 1

** spoiler alert ** This book was terrible. The characters are two dimensional, the plot is all over the place and the author can't keep his story straight. Then halfway through they just introduce a new protagonist out of nowhere who dies within 4 chapters and they spend the rest of the book trying to work out what his deal was.

Genesis and Numbers are a huge yawn fest, I'm not even sure what the lengthy genealogies and census information had to do with the fisherman because everybody dies in the end anyway.

This book is huge. Oh my god, it's soo long. I thought Lord of the Rings was big. The only consolation is that it's so big and heavy my wife sometimes uses it to press flowers, which is fine by me because I wouldn't lend this book to anyone.
21 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The New Oxford Annotated Bible.

message 1: by Mc (new) - added it

Mc so tell us how you really feel!!

message 2: by Thomas (new)

Thomas Perfect example of why understanding genre is essential to reading scripture. Or anything.

message 3: by Liz (new) - added it

Liz Wagner This is hilarious. I love this review. :)

message 4: by Niklas (new)

Niklas This review is completely original and has never been done before in any way. No sir.

message 5: by Jade McCormack (new)

Jade McCormack this is beautiful hahaha