Karina's Reviews > Fairy Tale

Jul 13, 09

liked it
bookshelves: june-2009
Read in June, 2009

** spoiler alert ** The book was decent. I've eagerly anticipated it for months, but when I started reading it, I was surprised I liked it because I could not relate to any of the characters in the slightest.

I enjoyed the main character and her pop culture sarcastic references. I absolutely adored Pip. I was pulling for Pip a majority of the book because, since the beginning of the book, Cam is pretty unattainable. I'm not sure if the author purposely did it or not, but I didn't feel like I knew him. The fairy magic was interesting in that it phased Cam out, but put Pip in his place without anyone noticing. A crazy, scary concept to say the least. And Pip's past was horrifying. In a sense, when he doesn't remember anything at the end of the book, I'm glad for it. But I'm glad Morgan remembers bits and pieces. I love the fortune cookie and the fortune. The end is slightly bittersweet, but the author did a good job of making it seem proper.

The characters were a bit flat - as I said, Cam is unattainable. It's hard to root for a relationship when you don't actually ship it, you know? Out of all the characters, Pip was the most developed despite being a secondary character. The climax was very short. If you're an action fan, this book doesn't really have action. It's a fun read though, but I don't think it lived up to the hype I had set it up for.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fairy Tale.