Jennifer (a.k.a The Book Nympho)'s Reviews > River Road

River Road by Suzanne  Johnson

Dec 15, 12

bookshelves: ebook
Read from December 06 to 15, 2012

I was a little surprised when I started reading River Road that it takes place 3 years after Royal Street. A bold move by Johnson in my opinion.

DJ still has her training wheels on when it comes to being the sentinel of New Orleans; the sexy and heavily armed shifter, Alex is still in the picture as DJ's partner and best friend.

After becoming stronger but magically and physically, DJ in true Urban Fantasy kick ass chick form, gets down and dirty in River Road showing that she can hold her own against the bad guys.

But DJ is far from being alone; along with Alex, the sexy and some what smarmy undead pirate, Jean Lafitte is still around. And after DJ and Jake become friendly again after a long break from their budding, friendship/romance they begin working together.

Any like many UF series there is a slow build up to a romantic relationship between the heroine and a hero. But in DJ's case she has three guys wanting to be her honey bunny. Two of which are pretty out in open about wanting to make kissy face with her while the third, Alex has been holding back because of their working relationship. DJ is can't decide which one she wants more. They all have good and bad points.

So River Road has it all; a kick ass heroine that only gets better with each book, a slue of paranormal creatures from shifters to nymphs and mermen and a promise of a romance but like with DJ we don't know who yet.

Suzanne Johnson knows how to write Urban Fantasy at its finest and I can't wait for the 3rd book!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read River Road.