Tanya's Reviews > Bitter Blood

Bitter Blood by Rachel Caine

Nov 05, 12

The Morganville Vampires have always been my guilty pleasure. I have to rush out on release day to get the latest one. Admittedly I think I am finally outgrowing YA novels (and at 29, perhaps its finally time), but I cannot let go of this series!

As a general rule, I don't like novels where the perspective changes from one chapter to the next. I want to scream at the author to just pick a POV and stick with it. I think this is why I preferred the earlier novels of this series. That said, this one was great! For once I actually enjoyed the change of perspectives (and given the 'bad guy' in this one and how things were going, we really did need to hear from those characters). Especially Myrnin. Can I just say how much I loved being in his head???

So much going on at once, with the vamps, humans and ghosts thrown in to the mix. And all the different narratives weave together nicely before the whopping big conclusion!

Great stuff, and definitely an enjoyable read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bitter Blood.

Quotes Tanya Liked

Rachel Caine
“--I lifted one foot from the brackish water, and the bunny slippers were soaked and drooped pathetically. Even the fangs seemed robbed of any charm.

"Don't worry," I told it. "Someone will pay for your suffering. Heavily. With screaming."

I felt I should repeat it for the other slipper, in case there should be any bad feelings between the two. One should never create tension between ones's footwear.

--POV is Myrnin, page 221”
Rachel Caine, Bitter Blood