Douglas Meeks's Reviews > Deliver Me from Temptation

Nov 05, 12

Deliver Me from TemptationDeliver Me from Temptation by Tes Hilaire

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Review:
Logan is the heir apparent to lead the Paladins in the future and the very thought of being mated to a human was not only something to be avoided at all costs but an insult to his heritage …… and all that was etched in stone until he met Jessica.

This second novel in the Paladin Warriors series picks up flawlessly from the first book and as good as Deliver Me From Darkness (Paladin Warriors #1) was this book is just a good or in some ways possibly even better. This installment is a bit more character driven and while quite a bit of action takes place it is not the epic battle type action we saw in book 1 but more of a battle fought in the minds of the main couple and to a lesser extent through their friends.

Let me say that I think I enjoyed the romance angle of this one a bit more than the first book although they has some similarities (impossible love/romance) but the action is downplayed in favor of a bit more intrigue and a bit of a thriller. My problem with this book has nothing to do with the main plot as much as the author draws us into a couple of subplots that go nowhere and that left me frustrated a bit. I am guessing that we will see most if not all of them resolved in a future book but it leave the reader with too many questions in my opinion.

The author taunts us with snippets of what I assume will be future storylines and then just leaves us nowhere, if I had any really serious complaints with this book it would have to be it needed at least another chapter to smooth over a few of what would have been very entertaining interaction with both of their friends and associates.

Let me take a moment to acknowledge I am selfish as a reader, I don’t like being left in the dark on hardly anything until the author decides to write another book when they have already drawn me into a story.

Rating:
I will have to give this a 4.5 Star rating since the main plot and the transition from the first book was excellent. The characters were all interesting even if several of them were no more than brief introductions that I am sure the author will use in future plots. So to sum it up, get both of these books and read them back to back and you will have many enjoyable hours of reading. Even though the ending left some secondary questions unresolved you are gonna LOVE the ending for the main plot, trust me ….

Review by Douglas C. Meeks for BittenByParanormalRomance.com

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deliver Me from Temptation.