Wanderlust's Reviews > The Perfect Game

Nov 18, 12

bookshelves: baby-mama-drama
Read on November 17, 2012

Cover & title - 3 out of 5
Favorite line - "My heart belongs to you. And I'm not asking for it back, even if you don't want it anymore. I'm just asking for a chance to have yours again. I promise I'll be more careful with it this time."

I almost cannot believe i am saying this but girlies, this book did not rock my world. I was seriously angry throughout a lot of this book, i found this at times really trying. I do not know if i just was not in the right mind set for an mature YA or if maybe i just did not enjoy the book that much. I was unsatisfied with the entire book. I wanted to kill, i mean seriously kill Jack, i would of happily taken a murder rap for killing him in the end. I did not forgive him or even love him in the end like i normally do with the "bad apples".

It was so beautiful at times, i wanted to fall inlove with the drama and horrible histories but i could not. I liked the story & i so wanted to fall inlove with the whole book but i didnt. I highlighted a lot of lines which i loved, bits of the book made me all gooey inside but then others made me feel like a volcano waiting to blow. I actually screamed out loud when i was reading this, my husband thinks i am insane, i was so furious & disappointed that i had to verbalize it.

Cassie was sweet and innocent, she was a cute lead, she had an upsetting past with trust issues and she was a bit of a sap.. well maybe just to me.. I wanted to rag doll her (google the phrase) a few times. I did like her but i could not connect to her.
Jack was a player, a sex god, so full of himself, he tried so hard at times that the ice around my heart wanted to melt.. then just when it did he would disappoint me.

"Just give me a reason
Just a little bit's enough
Just a second we're not broken just bent
And we can learn to love again
It's in the stars
It's been written in the scars on our hearts
We're not broken just bent
And we can learn to love again"

the song for this book for sure.

I wish i could of liked this more, i read reviews for this book praising it to jesus, i seriously wanted to love it, i tried so hard but in the end i was disappointed.

I just wanted to add, i am 24, i figure this is New Adult age bracket surely & i still found this book childish at times. For this reason alone i would class it as mature YA rather than NA. It has sex in it so do not go handing it out to your teenagers.. but at the same time do not expect the language & dialogue to suit adults.

Click here for my book review blog

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Perfect Game.

36.0% ""
52.0% "
"girlie parts" Seriously!? Are you over the age of 12.. ?"
77.0% "i have been censored

Tú me estás jodiendo" 12 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Wanderlust Liz wrote: "Oh noooooo! I'm a quarter in and really like it so far! Does it just go downhill?"

I do not know if i just needed a more grown up book or what, i am trying to review but sucking at it.

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) Nice and honest review, Shona. This book so is not for me but I'm sorry it didn't work better for you.

message 4: by Angie's Dreamy Reads (last edited Nov 17, 2012 04:55PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Angie's Dreamy Reads Ahhhhhhh.....I LOVE this book. Ugh :/ Hahaha. I don't know why but I could get over that "moment" Jack had. I loved Jack and Cassie. I'm sorry it wasn't for you. <3 Great review!

Wanderlust Angie wrote: "Ahhhhhhh.....I LOVE this book. Ugh :/ Hahaha. I don't know why but I could get over that "moment" Jack had. I loved Jack and Cassie. I'm sorry it wasn't for you. <3 Great review!"

Thank you so much for getting me a lend, i seriously was so happy to read it.. even if i did not love it!

Angie's Dreamy Reads Wanderlust wrote: "Angie wrote: "Ahhhhhhh.....I LOVE this book. Ugh :/ Hahaha. I don't know why but I could get over that "moment" Jack had. I loved Jack and Cassie. I'm sorry it wasn't for you.

Thank you so much f..."

You are welcome. I'm sorry you didn't like it...lol.

message 7: by Dd (new) - added it

Dd Nice review,Wanderlust!!:)

Wanderlust Dd wrote: "Nice review,Wanderlust!!:)"

message 9: by Ac (new) - added it

Ac Joaquin where can i download or read this book?pls help..im curious now, becuse of the review..

Wanderlust Ac wrote: "where can i download or read this book?pls help..im curious now, becuse of the review.."

or

Monisha hi, the review is awesome,just wanted to know the lyrics are from which song ,please?

Wanderlust Monisha wrote: "hi, the review is awesome,just wanted to know the lyrics are from which song ,please?"

Pink - try

Monisha Thanks a lot.

Wanderlust Monisha wrote: "Thanks a lot."

shit no it is not - just give me a reason..
sorry