Kelly's Reviews > The Hunger Games

F 50x66
Feb 18, 10

bookshelves: fiction
Read from February 14 to 18, 2010

I loved this book. One of my new favorites. I just wanted to keep reading. I loved Katniss. Although a little hard (casued by circumstances) she was the opitome of a true herione. Her love for her sister and closest friend. Her complicated relationship with her mother.
Its unthinkable what this Panem nation is. The constant, subtle threat is constantly on the disticts. It made me think a lot about the idea of.. the stronger and more creative tributes were either the "career" or the ones from poorer districts. The 1st because this was what their life was about. But the second because they had to be resourceful, fast, strong, knowledgeable with natural elements, plants and animal because this was the only way they survive everyday life.
I can't wait t pick up the second one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hunger Games.

Chelsea I can't wait to see what you think of this one, it's on my book groups list in a few months.

message 2: by Teresa (new) - added it

Teresa hey kelly,
Did you buy this or get it from the library? I'm trying to get ahold of a copy. If you bought it...can I borrow it from you after you're done? Let me know. Teresa

Kelly I own it. I will be happy to loan it to you when I finish it. So far.. very good.

message 4: by Teresa (new) - added it

Teresa AHHH, you're the best. My daughter loved it and said that you'll want to have Catching Fire on hand because you just want to keep reading. Thanks, T

message 6: by Teresa (new) - added it

Teresa Kelly,
Believe it or not, Hunger Games became available to me at the library, so I already have it and won't need to borrow yours, but thanks so much for being so willing to lend it to me. You are so sweet. I also have "Catching Fire" if you want to borrow that. Let me know and I can bring it tomorrow.

Lisa Nelson Glad to see you like this. I can't wait for the third one to come out. As well as the movie!