Gertie's Reviews > Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World: 75 Dairy-Free Recipes for Cupcakes that Rule

Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World by Isa Chandra Moskowitz

Sep 19, 2012

bookshelves: vegan_cooking_oink
Recommended for: anyone, even non-vegans

OMG.

I had almost forgotten what a light and fluffy cupcake is like. Obviously I've been using the wrong recipes (although a nice dense chocolate chocolate chip cupcake is good now and then).
I've made 4 recipes from this book and they've all been phenomenal.

My favorite cupcake so far is the Cookies-n-Cream cupcake.
Holy chocolate!

Not only are the recipes great, but the book is a sweet little concoction with anecdotes, fun writing, and a smart layout.

You can't go wrong with this one.

:::::::::::::

Update: A few more recipes I've been pleased with are the chai latte cupcakes and the coconut-pecan (german chocolate) frosting. So good.

This is a great cookbook for bakers who want to create amazing treats for the dairy-minded. Most people just don't realize that a cupcake (and other baked goods) don't need eggs, butter, or milk to be good. When people find out these are vegan and are flabbergasted, well, it's a good thing.

7 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World.

02/18 marked as: read

Riona I think I misplaced my copy of this book. I used to live with 5 vegan boys, and we probably went through about 3/4 of these recipes. Most of them were excellent.

Gertie It probably ended up with one of them instead of you. :-P 5 vegan boys? Vegetarian men are somewhat rare so that just blows my mind.

Any recipes from this book you remember as being especially good?

Riona I think only 2 of them were vegan full-time, but we ate mostly vegan in the house. I'm a dirty meat eater, myself. Love me some bacon.

I seem to remember there being a matcha green tea cupcake in there that was interesting and very good. That could also have been another cookbook, though. I think there were pink marzipan flowers on top?

Riona And I feel like I've actually seen my copy of this recently, though it's not in either of my dedicated cookbook bookcases. I think it's somewhere in the house, though! I'll have to look.

Gertie I remember seeing that picture... going to have to look it up.

message 6: by Chip (new)

Chip Chai latte cupcake? Now you've got my attention. Even though I'm not vegan, I'm now #1 on the library reserve list for this book just to try that recipe. Well, I'll try the cookies and cream one as well.