Marissa (Rae Gun Ramblings)'s Reviews > The Raven Boys

The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater

Jan 24, 13

bookshelves: listened-to
Read in January, 2013

I adored this book. This is a tale full of wonderful multidimensional characters, adventure, friendship, and mystery. The group of boys and their strange little group dynamic was great. Their quest to learn more about about ley-lines and Glendower read part murder mystery, part treasure hut.

The publishers list as for ages 13+ and that feels right. This book didn't immediately grab me and force me to love it but I was interested and intrigued from the beginning and it held my interest. A great one for boys and girls.

There was a point where the conflict was coming to an end that happened super fast and abruptly. That was a little awkward all the rest of the good things far outweighed that hiccup for me.

I really enjoyed being able to see the various character's motivations, thoughts, and histories. They were all interesting in their own ways with depth that made their interactions all the more fun complete with a wonderful villain.

I listened to the audiobook and really enjoyed the performance. There were so many times that I wish I was reading a paper copy though since lines kept popping out at me and I wanted to note them. One thing that I really enjoyed was how this touched on some very serious issues and moral questions without ever seeming preachy or forced.

I cannot wait to see what comes next for Blue, Adam, Ronan, Noah and Gansey

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Raven Boys.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Merna I really loved this book as well. I wish I knew when the next book is coming out.

Heidi I'm so glad you liked it! I have more and more fondness for it every time I think about it. I'm super excited about the next one (September!).