Khalid's Reviews > Hot, Flat, and Crowded: Why We Need a Green Revolution and How It Can Renew America

Hot, Flat, and Crowded by Thomas L. Friedman

Jan 30, 2009

did not like it
bookshelves: already-read, audio-books
Read in January, 2009

Thomas Friedman knows how to tell stories, and knows how to lie very well. I've been reading his books, and enjoying them to a great degree; these books usually discussed things I didn't know much about, and so I didn't see how he can twist facts for his own purposes. But in this book, it was so obvious. Whenever he would talk about Saudi Arabia or Islam, his true colors would show.

I'm not really a sensitive person to people who discuss my culture negatively. I can take criticism very well. However, when someone is flat-out lying; taking a story and coloring it exactly however he wants to suit his purposes ... this I completely do not appreciate.

And because of this, I couldn't much enjoy the remaining parts, even though some sounded really convincing (Especially when he was discussing the environment); I could no longer know what to believe and what not to believe.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hot, Flat, and Crowded.