Barbara M.'s Reviews > Someone to Watch Over Me

Someone to Watch Over Me by Judith McNaught

Aug 23, 10

bookshelves: all-time-favorites
Read in June, 2009

5 Stars...and most of you know I don't throw that out all to often...

This brilliant author just has it! She can write a book that reads like a movie and there are never any uncomfortable reading pauses... her style is flawless. "Someone to Watch Over Me" was filled with grand surprises, grand adventure and out of this world love. From page one you know you're in for a delicious ride.

"Michael watched her walk away. Did he mind waiting an hour for her?
Not at all.
He'd been waiting years for her."

The build up to one of the sexiest love scenes I've ever read is worth its wait in gold... My heart rate soared, I was on the edge of the couch and my mouth was embarrassingly hanging open.

Good Lord it is was amazing.

My soul is filled with lead knowing that after reading this one there's only a couple of this fine ladies books I haven't read, and I'm already missing some of the best couples I've ever known.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Someone to Watch Over Me.

06/05/2009 page 178
32.42% "...Now this my 1 & 2 Star authors is how you write a book!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Terrific review - makes me want to skim the book for the sex scene!

Is this a historical or contemporary?

Barbara M. Contemporary...but don't skim, you have to read it to feel the full impact...

message 3: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Sanders i just went to the library and got this book to read. Also Every Breath You Take, and Remember When. Now, which to read first?

Barbara M. LoL! THIS ONE!!! I'll be waiting to see your ratings on the other two mentioned. Enjoy reading this one for the first time. I just loved it!!!!

message 5: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Sanders Ok, I loved it! You do have excellent taste. Now who is Noah Maitland mentioned in this story? Their love scene was very very.... What can I say.

Barbara M. I can't remember the names...I read so much and have read so many since then, that I can't recall. But after reading my own review agian...LoL! I just might have to reread asap.

thea always have leigh kendall on my mind,
and hoping for that someone to watch over me???

Alicia Gilroy If you didn't find out, Noah Maitland was from Night Whispers. Another good one - really steamy!!!