Jonathan's Reviews > The Chase

The Chase by Clive Cussler

1819232
Feb 04, 09

Read in December, 2007

I have been a lover of Clive Cussler's books for a long time. I have gotten used to his characters from Dirk Pitt to Kurt Austin to the members of the Oregon. When I heard this book was coming out and it didn't have any of his usual characters that I am used to I was kind of skeptical about whether or not it would be as good or great as his others.I have to say I was wrong. This book was, as tony the tiger would say, gggggggggggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttttttt.
This book happens in the year 1906 in the new west as the book puts it because it happens as train tracks are laid down to have the east coast meets west coast. It also introduces a great new character by the name of Issac Bell,who is a detective searching for the Butcher Bandit. The storyline at first was kind of hard to like,mainly because I was being,for lack of a better term, pain about trying to get into new characters but turned out great as the storyline became more fast paced when Bell figured out who the bandit was. This character reminds me of a 20th century sherlock holmes type character that anyone really could relate to.Also with cussler being a car person has every detail of all the cars,carts,bikes and trains in excellent detail.
All in all it was a great book that all will enjoy whether or not your a clive cussler fan.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Chase.