Douglas Meeks's Reviews > For the Love of a Goblin Warrior

For the Love of a Goblin Warrior by Shona Husk

Jan 03, 13

For the Love of a Goblin Warrior (Shadowlands, #3)For the Love of a Goblin Warrior by Shona Husk

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Review:
Let me mention that I have not read the first books of this series (by accident) since I did not realize that this was the third book BUT it made pretty much no difference and this book can be read standalone.
Meryn has been under a curse for about 2000 years that turned him into a goblin warrior and somehow the curse has been broken (you will find out) and now he is a human once more with the mind of a 2000 year old Celtic warrior. He has some catching up to do and a huge weight of sorrow that is almost crushing him is somehow lifted a bit when he accidentally meets our heroine Nurse Nadine Gilbert who has her own depressing baggage. This story is much less about the goblins and more about how these two people who desperately need each other but are afraid to even think about a relationship. You won’t get any swordplay, almost no violence but a slow burn romance between 2 damaged people who unknowingly are the solution to each other’s future. This book is mostly character driven and if not written as well as it was would have been boring but you get caught up in the couple’s lives and struggles with their past. This is a well written romance and so don’t start reading and expect an action filled epic.
Rating:
4 Stars and maybe a bit more depending on your mood, this is a good story about two people that need to find love in their lives.
UPDATE: I bought the other books and this series is amazing, hate that it was only a trilogy now but get them all, you will not be sorry.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read For the Love of a Goblin Warrior.