Douglas Meeks's Reviews > Sleepy Willow's Loosed Soul

Sleepy Willow's Loosed Soul by Dicey Grenor

Nov 03, 12

Sleepy Willow's Loosed Soul (The Narcoleptic Vampire Series, #3)Sleepy Willow's Loosed Soul by Dicey Grenor

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

4.5****'Stars

Full review at
Paranormal Romance Guild

Review: Willow has finally started to be the character we always hoped she would become; she still has a ways to go, but in this third book, she took a huge step in her evolution. We have watched her go from a victimized figure, to a stronger character, and now in this installment she steps up to become a heroine in her own right, but there is still a lot of journey left to travel.

The last book left her in a situation akin to some of the old Saturday morning cartoons, where the evil doctor had our heroine in desperate circumstances, but since I don't do spoilers, you will have to read to see how that turned out; not exactly the way I would have expected. The running theme throughout all 3 novels has been Willow's desire to be free from her maistre, Max. That is what she hopes to finally accomplish in this novel, and if anyone thought it was going to be easy, you were naïve.

Willow will gather friends and allies during this novel, and it turns from a story about a problematic vampire, to a story of world apocalypse. Quite a jump from the first book, where staying alive and hiding were her big problems, this book continues the erotic nature of this series, but that really becomes less of the story, as her trying to get to the point of actually being free and performing a ritual, that while erotic and somewhat distasteful to her, will at long last free her from Max, is the focus. The end of the world apocalypse might get in the way a bit also, and the ending was one I never saw coming, since authors seldom tread where this one went at the end. Why her crisis of faith becomes one of the paramount issues in this book becomes crystal clear at the end.

Willow has to be one of the most multi-layered characters I have read in many years. As with any new author, these books improve with each installment, each a bit better than the last, but this one finally got me into the story more than the previous installments. I can't wait to see where we go from here...

Review by Douglas C. Meeks

Member of the Paranormal Romance Review Team

The Narcoleptic Vampire Series:

Sleepy Willow's Bonded Soul (The Narcoleptic Vampire Series Vol. 1)

Sleepy Willow's Heartless Soul (The Narcoleptic Vampire Series Vol. 2)

Sleepy Willow's Loosed Soul (The Narcoleptic Vampire Series Vol. 3)

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sleepy Willow's Loosed Soul.