Diana Leigh's Reviews > Where Angels Rest

Where Angels Rest by Kate Brady

Nov 22, 12

Read from November 16 to 21, 2012

Rating: 4½ Stars

Erin Sims will do anything to save her brother from death row, and for over a decade she's worked tirelessly to prove he was falsely convicted of murder. With her brother's execution just one week away, Erin travels to a rural Ohio town, where she believes the real killer is hiding.

Sheriff Nick Mann is not thrilled when Erin steamrolls into town making shocking accusations about one of Hopewell's prominent citizens. Nick left Los Angeles for the backwoods of Ohio hoping to escape the violent crime and scandal that turned his life upside down. Even though he doesn't want to believe a serial killer is hiding in plain sight, he can't deny that Erin's claims sound reasonable, especially when dead bodies start turning up in Hopewell.

WHERE ANGELS REST had a fast-paced, well-constructed plot with plenty of logical red herrings to keep readers guessing at the killer's identity and motivation. This book is labeled as romantic suspense, and in my opinion it was more focused on building up the suspense rather than the romance (which suited me fine). Still, I thought Nick and Erin has great chemistry which added some nice heat to the story.

WHERE ANGELS REST is a chilling, unputdownable thriller! I'm not sure I blinked at all during the last 16 chapters of this book. I've enjoyed both books I've read by Kate Brady, and, of course, I'm looking forward to the next!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Where Angels Rest.