Diana Leigh's Reviews > Last Wool and Testament

Last Wool and Testament by Molly MacRae

Dec 07, 12

Read from November 09 to December 07, 2012

This was an okay cozy mystery for me. It had a slow start, and I couldn't get into the story until at least the half-way point. Once I did, I thought he mystery itself was good, and the culprit was not easy to figure out.

When Kath Rutledge's grandmother dies, she heads back to Blue Plum, Tennessee, for the funeral and to settle the estate. Kath is Grandma Ivy's only heir, so she expects to get the yarn shop and the home on Lavender Street in the will. But, surprise! Nothing is ever easy. Not only is there a snag in her inheritance, but Kath also finds out her grandmother was the suspect in a recent murder.

Part of my issue with the book was that none of the characters really grabbed me. The protagonist Kath was so-so. I thought her reactions to certain situations were a little unrealistic, like how nonchalant she was about finding a ghost in her cottage. Still, there were plenty of fun moments between characters, in particular ones with Kath and Deputy Cole "Clod" Dunbar.

This is the debut in the Haunted Yarn Shop Mystery series, and I'll probably continue with the next book. The shop isn't the only thing Kath inherits from her grandmother, and I'm interested to see where that part of the story goes.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Last Wool and Testament.