Trish's Reviews > Kept

Kept by Shawntelle Madison

Nov 14, 12

bookshelves: paranormal-witch-warlock, paranormal-wolf, series, netgalleyarc
Read in November, 2012

ARC provided by NetGalley

I swear when I picked this book, I had no clue it was the second book of a series. That said, I did not feel lost in the story that began with Coveted.

Nat Stravinsky is a snarky werewolf with a bad case of OCD. How she handles it in this book is amusing and provides some humorous dialogue. She has recently lost face in her family, but when her father has been kidnapped, she has the opportunity to finally prove herself.

She is left with the task to drive a beat-up truck and deliver it to a waiting pack of Weres in Maine--all in twenty four hours. Easy Peasy...until she finds herself fighting for her life against some really dangerous creatures along the way.

To top it off, Nat finds herself trying to decide between two sexy men--Nick, a wizard who makes it no secret that he loves and adores her, is determined to win her heart. Then there is Thorn, her ex-boyfriend, who she still cannot forget. One owns her heart, the other her soul.

What I love about Nat is her loyalty to her family, despite their difficulties in the past. Also, she never stands down for what she believes in, no matter how the deck is stacked against her. She has an unwavering drive and ambition that makes her such a strong heroine.

Kept is a delicious treat for fans of the paranormal genre--Weres especially--and the story delivers great pacing with an action-packed adventure to help turn the pages to see what happens next.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kept.