Kayeb's Reviews > The Crow

The Crow by Alison Croggon

F 50x66
May 30, 09

Read in May, 2009

My least favorite so far and I realized that it became that for me when the children's army comes into the picture. Hem has a different journey than does hsi sister and it is a much more graphic setting in about half the book. However, the children's army scenes and descriptions are just heart breaking in many ways, and ugly in others. And, I think not so diffferent in part so of our world even now. NOt living in a war torn country allows our children to be more innocent and some of the descriptions of the young people being deadened to the world around them is not all that different than some reports I have read when countries are habitually torn apart.

I will get the last of the series as soon as it comes into the library.

Hem is a weary orphan whose struggle for survival ends when he is reunited with his lost sister, Maerad. But Maerad has a destiny to fulfill, and Hem is sent to the golden city of Turbansk, where he learns the ways of the Bards and befriends a mysterious white crow. When the forces of the Dark threaten, Hem flees with his protector, Saliman, and an orphan girl named Zelika to join the Light’s resistance forces. It is there that Hem has a vision and learns that he, too, has a part to play in Maerad’s quest to solve the Riddle of the Treesong. As THE CROW continues the epic tale begun with THE NAMING and THE RIDDLE, Alison Croggon creates a world of astounding beauty overshadowed by a terrifying darkness, a world where Maerad and Hem must prepare to wage their final battle for the Light. [close:]
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Crow.