Cam's Reviews > Coyote's Mate

Coyote's Mate by Lora Leigh

Feb 18, 09

Read in February, 2009

** spoiler alert ** I adore the heroine Anya though I just say she is much more hard headed than her mate Del-Rey; it was perfectly understandable and even reasonable for him to shoot the male members of her family at the coyote facility since it was for their own safety but why it took her 8 months to get it is beyond me. He didn't mean for it to seem a betrayal, technically yes it was since he promised they wouldn't get hurt but aside from that they're alive and safe and though I agree Del-Rey should have disclosed his plan to give them flesh wounds Anya didn't have to suffer 8 months (and neither did her mate) so she could get over it.

Another thing I noticed, this insert into the mainstream Breed series is lacking the plentiful love scenes it's most famous for and yes, I am disappointed because as Angela Knight advertises on all these novels 'When I'm in the mood for a steamy romance, I read Lora Leigh' but it seems there is no sexual encounters in this novel until well after half of the novel (not counting the first which occurs in the first few chapters).

*Feb 15:

So Anya has realized how much of a child she was being unable to accept Del-Rey's actions at the facility and has now accepted the role of coya to Del-Rey's Alpha coyote. As I've said before though this novel lacks in steamy scenes that I've come to expect when picking up a Lora Leigh book.

*Feb 18:
Loved it! Great ending and the book was saving it's steam for last, the final chapters were very sexy. Though I do mourn the lack of them in the beginning.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Coyote's Mate.