Jenny Levine's Reviews > Opal

bookshelves: favorites
Read from December 03 to 04, 2012

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

Before anything else,
DAEMON, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH, OKAY? I DARE YOU TO BE MORE PERFECT!

Now...

I intended to write a review for this, BUT, I CAN'T...
First, it's impossible to write one without abusing the spoiler tag.

And second, I JUST CAN'T

I've been through a whirlwind of emotions.
*I SMILED.
*I LAUGHED.
*I GIGGLED.
*I FELL IN LOVE.
*I CRIED.
*I GOT ANGRY.
*I HELD ON TO MY SEAT.
*I FELT KATY'S PAIN.
*I FELL IN LOVE WITH DAEMON EVEN MORE.
*I GOT PISSED.
*AND THEN I CRIED SOME MORE.

And THAT ENDING:

[image error]

There's one question I wanna ask Ms. Jennifer Armentrout: WHY????

Okay, so I'll leave you with that. Because I'm still shaking as I'm typing this review. And you need to find out what I'm fussing about here.

---YEAH YEAH, I THINK SO.

Waiting for book 4 is gonna be PURE TORTURE.
That I'm sure of.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Opal.

Quotes Jenny Liked

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“A slow, wry smile teased Daemon’s lips. "Simmer down, Kitten, before I have to get you a ball of yarn to play with."

Annoyance flared deep inside me. "Don’t start with me, jerk-face.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Oh, dear God and baby Jesus in the manger, my eyes!” Dee shrieked. “My eyes!”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Kitten..." "Don't Kitten me." I scowled, on a roll now. "You left around five or so and didn't get back till when? Past two in the morning? What were you guys doing? And get that stupid smile off your face. This isn't funny." Daemon tried to get rid of the smile but failed. "I love when your claws come out.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“His eyes searched mine. "Thank you."

"For What?" I loved the feel of his arms around me and how I fit against him, hard against soft. He trailed his fingers over my arm, and I was amazed by how he could make me shiver.

"For everything," he said.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Dawson shifted, dropping his head into his hand. "Do you ever stop talking?"

"When I'm sleeping," Blake replied.

"And when you're dead," Daemon threw back. "You'll stop talking when you're dead."

Blake's lips thinned. "Point taken.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“There was a pause, then his lips stretched into a smile. "You're right."
Hell froze over. Pigs were flying. "Come again?"
"You're right. I should have checked in at some point. I'm sorry."
The world was flat. I didn't know what to say. According to Daemon, he was right about 99 percent of the time. Wow.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Honestly, as much as I love my brother, I’m not sure how I feel about him hanging out in your bedroom.” He reached out with a muscular arm and used his fingers to brush a few strands of hair off my cheek, tucking them behind my ear. I shivered, and he smiled. “I feel like I need to mark my territory.” “Shut up.” “Oh, I love it when you get all bossy-pants. It’s sexy.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“You haven't been smiling much. I missed it, so I decided to reward you for doing it." "Reward me?" I laughed. "God, only you would think kissing someone is a reward." "You know it is. My lips change lives, baby.”

“You're amazing."

"I know it didn't take you this long to realize that."

"No. I've always known it." I watched him root around for another strawberry. "Maybe not in the beginning..."

He peeked up. "My awesomeness is all about the stealth.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Slowly he looked at me, and then he bent down, planting his lips on mine. The kiss was unexpected—deep and forceful. Stunned I just stood there as he pulled back, nipping at my bottom lip. "Tasty, Kitten." Then he spun, planted his right hand on Blake’s shoulder, knocking him back into a locker. “See you around,” he said, smirking.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Daemon spoke in his language. The lyrical quality of his words made no sense to me.

“What did you say?” I asked.

“There’s really no translation for it,” he said, “but the closest human words would be, you are beautiful to me.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“I keep smiling, giving Ash a little wink before turning around. Daemon stood there with two cups, one eyebrow arched.
"Bad little Kitten," he murmured.
Grinning, I stretch up and kissed him.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“You and that damn pen.”
“You love it.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“I love you, Katy. Always have. Always will.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“He…he kisses like he’s dying of thirst, and I’m water.” I smacked my hands over my hot face. “I can’t believe I just said that out loud.” Lesa giggled. “Sounds like one of those romance books you read.” “It does.” I started giggling. “But, oh Lordie Lord, it’s true. I’m like a puddle of mush when he kisses me. It’s embarrassing. I’m so, like, ‘Thank you, can I have another?’ Sad.”
Jennifer L. Armentrout, Opal

12/03/2012 "Putting everything aside for this book:)
" 5 comments
12/03/2012
10.0% " I sighed. “Mom, it’s not like we’re going to have sex with you home.”

“Well, honey, it’s good to know that you only have sex when I’m not home.”

LOL. Katy's mom is cool like that ;)" 8 comments
12/03/2012
13.0% " Goddamit Dawson! You just ruined their date."
20.0% "I smell trouble. OH GOD. " 4 comments
12/03/2012
34.0% "I LOVE it when Daemon gets all possessive with Katy ;)"
12/03/2012
48.0% "Taking a nap. Will continue reading later :)"
54.0% " *holds breath* "
57.0% "Damn! Cockblockers." 5 comments
12/04/2012
70.0% " “I would say size doesn’t matter, but it does. I would know.” He winked, and I let out a disgusted groan. "
12/04/2012
79.0% "AHHHH! Katy found one!!!
HALLELUJAH!

(I'm not gonna say what she found tho coz it's too important and I don't want to spoil everything) :))"
12/04/2012
80.0% " “God, I am so going to sneak into your bathroom like the Invisible Man.”

You don't need to sneak into mine, Daemon. I'd gladly invite you in. HAHA" 2 comments
12/04/2012
82.0% " “I wish I were home,” he said, and a car honked. “I can be there in seconds.”

“No. You rarely get guy time. Stay with them.”

“I don’t need guy time. I need Kitten time.”

" 6 comments
12/04/2012
88.0% " OMGOMGOMG. YESSSSSSS! FINALLY!!!
" 6 comments
100.0% "

I'm literally shaking...and crying my eyes out rn" 8 comments

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I hate you so much right now! I want that book so bad!! ;)

Jenny Levine Becky wrote: "I hate you so much right now! I want that book so bad!! ;)"

Hahaha! Read it!!! :)

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Hahaha! Read it!!! :)"

I thought it wasn't available till the 11th??

Jenny Levine Becky wrote: "Jenny wrote: "Becky wrote: "I hate you so much right now! I want that book so bad!! ;)"

I thought it wasn't available till the 11th??"

They released it earlier :)

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I thought it wasn't available till the 11th??"

They released it earli..."

Holy crap!!!!!

Jenny Levine Becky wrote: "Jenny wrote: "Becky wrote: "Jenny wrote: "Becky wrote: "I hate you so much right now! I want that book so bad!! ;)"

They rel..."

If you want, I can send it to you? ;)

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Jenny Levine Becky wrote: "Could you really? Bc I purchased it and I still haven't received it on my kindle."

Yes, gimme your email addy ;)

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

becky.mahony@yahoo.com

Thanks!!!!'

Jenny Levine Becky wrote: "becky.mahony@yahoo.com

Thanks!!!!'"

Sent. Check your email ;)

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks again! You're awesome!

Jenny Levine Becky wrote: "Thanks again! You're awesome!"

You're welcome, Becky! Enjoy :)

Christine Omg I am soo jealous right now...! Arrgghh...!

Christine Where can I find it pretty please...?

Jenny Levine Christine wrote: "Where can I find it pretty please...?"

Just messaged you :)

message 16: by L (new) - rated it 5 stars

L Looking for this everywhere, where did you get it?

Jenny Levine Lillian wrote: "Looking for this everywhere, where did you get it?"

Message me your email add, I'll send it to you ;)

message 18: by L (new) - rated it 5 stars

L Thank you so much!!!
leeleey33@aol.com

message 19: by L (new) - rated it 5 stars

L You just made my day!

Jenny Levine Lillian wrote: "Thank you so much!!!
leeleey33@aol.com"

Lillian wrote: "You just made my day!"

Sent! Check your email.
Anytime! :)

Blacky *Romance Addict* LOL! Great review Jenny :D

Jenny Levine Blacky wrote: "LOL! Great review Jenny :D"

message 23: by Richa (new) - added it

Richa Lol!! Great review, Jenny! It's very frustrating when authors leave the story dangling like that, killing us with suspense about what's to come in the next part, isn't it?

Vishous lol jenny :D i'm at 50% and i'm dreading now to see the end :DDD yep it's hard to write a review when it comes to daemon :DDD

Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~ Great review Jenny! Not looking forward to that ending!

message 26: by Dd (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dd Wow!!Perfect and lovely review,Jenny!!!Love it!!I can't wait to write a review myself!!My hands are itching!!DAEMON...**sigh**!!^__^

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

message 28: by Jenny (last edited Dec 04, 2012 09:23AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenny Levine Richa wrote: "Lol!! Great review, Jenny! It's very frustrating when authors leave the story dangling like that, killing us with suspense about what's to come in the next part, isn't it?"

Thank you, Richa!
Yessssss! I need next book like NOW! I'm dying to know what will happen. And I have to wait til next year. Ugh

Jenny Levine Vishous wrote: "lol jenny :D i'm at 50% and i'm dreading now to see the end :DDD yep it's hard to write a review when it comes to daemon :DDD"

Ahhh! Have fun reading it, Vishous! I'm pretty sure you'll be feeling the same way I did when it comes to the ending. :)
And yes, OMG Daemon. I just finished it and I missed him already. Damn! :D

Jenny Levine Vikki wrote: "Great review Jenny! Not looking forward to that ending!"

Thank you, Vikki! Get ready for that ending though :D

Jenny Levine Dd wrote: "Wow!!Perfect and lovely review,Jenny!!!Love it!!I can't wait to write a review myself!!My hands are itching!!DAEMON...**sigh**!!^__^"

Thank you so much, D!!!
My review is pretty much crappy, I can't write a decent one though because of all these feels. LOL. I'm such a fangirl. :)) Have fun with Daemon! ;)

message 32: by Dd (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dd Jenny Levine!!Are you calling my taste crappy??How dare you??I loved your review.It was to the point and great!!!**pointing fingers at you**

Jenny Levine Becky wrote: "Oh bloody hell! Now I'm scared to read it knowing I have to wait FOREVER for the next book! I thought this was the last book in a trilogy but I guess I was wrong... Great review by the way!"

I also thought it was just a trilogy. Oh well, more book means more Daemon, so I'm not complaining. But I really NEED to find out what happens next. UGH. We have to wait til next year :(
Btw, thank you Becky! :)

Jenny Levine Dd wrote: "Jenny Levine!!Are you calling my taste crappy??How dare you??I loved your review.It was to the point and great!!!**pointing fingers at you**"

HAHAHAHA OMG I LOVE YOU, D!!! You know that, right? ;)

message 35: by Dd (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dd Jenny wrote: "Dd wrote: "Jenny Levine!!Are you calling my taste crappy??How dare you??I loved your review.It was to the point and great!!!**pointing fingers at you**"

HAHAHAHA OMG I LOVE YOU, D!!! You know that..."

Of course I know that!!You can't help it!!I'm that good!!;) hehehhehehehehe....(give me an inch and I'll take 6 feet)

message 36: by Jenny (last edited Dec 04, 2012 09:47AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenny Levine Dd wrote: "Jenny wrote: "Dd wrote: "Jenny Levine!!Are you calling my taste crappy??How dare you??I loved your review.It was to the point and great!!!**pointing fingers at you**"

HAHAHAHA OMG I LOVE YOU, D!!!..."

Of course I know that!!You can't help it!!I'm that good!!;) -- That sounds like something Daemon would say. Hahaha!

message 37: by Dd (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dd Daemon's rubbing off on me!!:D

message 38: by Soub (new) - rated it 5 stars

Soub hi there !!!loved your review..
Where did you get it please??? and thankss

Jenny Levine Dd wrote: "Daemon's rubbing off on me!!:D"

Hihi :D

Jenny Levine Soubhashinee wrote: "hi there !!!loved your review..
Where did you get it please??? and thankss"

Thanks, uhm, message me your email add, I'll send it to you if you want? :)

Nereid Awesome review, what a teaser? I can't wait to read it now :)

Jenny Levine Nereid wrote: "Awesome review, what a teaser? I can't wait to read it now :)"

Thanks, Nereid!
Happy reading!!! ;)

Christine OMG I just finished reading it and i LOVED IT...! But whhhyyyy....? Tear :( Thanks again Jenny you totally made my day...my week actually...! Can't wait for the next one...arrgghh thanks again :)

Jenny Levine Christine wrote: "OMG I just finished reading it and i LOVED IT...! But whhhyyyy....? Tear :( Thanks again Jenny you totally made my day...my week actually...! Can't wait for the next one...arrgghh thanks again :)"

Me too, I totally loved it. But that ending was just cruel :(
And you're welcome, Christine ;)

Christine I know tell me about it...! That ending was jus heartbreaking...! I started balling my eyes out and my boyf totally did the whole roll his eyes "I think my gf belongs in a mental hospital" look! Sigh...lol

Christine I hear that there's two more books and their both in Katy and Daemons POV...I can't wait...!

Jenny Levine Christine wrote: "I know tell me about it...! That ending was jus heartbreaking...! I started balling my eyes out and my boyf totally did the whole roll his eyes "I think my gf belongs in a mental hospital" look! Si..."

Hahaha! Same here. I'm alone in my room tho when I did all the ugly crying. :D

Jenny Levine Christine wrote: "I hear that there's two more books and their both in Katy and Daemons POV...I can't wait...!"

YESSSSSSS!!! Best.Thing.Ever. <3

message 49: by Soub (new) - rated it 5 stars

Soub Is that Daemon????

Yes of course:Soubhashinee@hotmail.com..
Thanks again.

Jenny Levine Soubhashinee wrote: "Is that Daemon????

Yes of course:Soubhashinee@hotmail.com..
Thanks again."

Sending it to you now :)

« previous 1