Sarah's Reviews > Strange Angels

Strange Angels by Lili St. Crow

Feb 23, 09

Read in February, 2009

Why do people who didn't watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer just assume that people who did were all about the werewolves and other monsters? That is not why Buffy has such a big fan base...most of us liked the human elements, the real-ness of the show, the characters.
So when someone told me I would like this book b/c I liked Buffy, well, humpf. Ugh...bad characters, stupid plot, and WHYYYY do people feel the need to re-spell words in their own mythology? Werewulf? please. This book was so annyoing....and the lead character drove me up a wall! She was so cruel, and not very smart. And yet...and yet.....when does the sequel come out?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Strange Angels.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new)

Amy I have to agree completely -- this was recommended to me because I loved BUFFY. Couldn't get past the first third -- Dru felt cold and I couldn't connect. Even in books with monsters, it's the human element that makes me read on.

Olivia Jasmin I loved this book, its one of my favorites. I really liked how the author respelt things in her own way.It makes the book more unique, I think.I really loved the plot I thought it was awesome.Of course these are just my opinions. :D

Stephanie I agree with you. I didn't like it and decided not to read the next book. I really tried to give this book a fair chance. I kept reading page after page hoping I would finally get hooked on something... But no. Simply no attachment whatsoever to the characters. I just didn't care about them.