Fernanda's Reviews > Will You Please Be Quiet, Please?

Will You Please Be Quiet, Please? by Raymond Carver

Feb 02, 09

bookshelves: 2009
Read in February, 2009

Some action, not much. Some info, not much. Carver doesn't tell us everything about his characters, neither puts them in intrincated plots that would reveal their dirty secrets. Little does Carver tells us, he lets us watch everyday scenes and conversations - these might end up in big revelations, epiphanies. However, his short stories are indeed short and quite a few end as if the most important thing is about to happen, but you won't read it. The lack of closure kinda transfers the stories to the readers, it continues within you. I used to sit there, book on my hands, wondering about the stories and having my own epiphanies.
There's lots of people who preach concision, but so few can tell great stories with little. Carver can do it amazingly and he's one of the best writers I've read.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Will You Please Be Quiet, Please?.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carolina (new)

Carolina vou ler r. carver na minha aula de literatura (fui na biblioteca hoje pegar mas não dá pra retirar livros domingo, tsc)