Sharon's Reviews > The Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream

The Audacity of Hope by Barack Obama
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Audacity of Hope.

message 1: by Chris (new)

Chris Trevett What do you think so far? I've heard he doesn't require ghost-writers...

Sharon Chris wrote: "What do you think so far? I've heard he doesn't require ghost-writers..."

Well, I am about a third of the way through. I've actually been listening to it on my iPod - which I love because it's narrated by Barack and I must say I love listening to him speak! Anyway I have heard that he did not use any ghost-writers in "Audacity" but may have in "Dreams From My Father" so I am not sure.

I am really enjoying this because I think he expounds so eloquently on his bipartisanship views and vision for the country. He also comes across as very empathetic - and I truly believe that as a person, he is. I think it's good to read this book now, when so many of us are somewhat frustrated with his pragmatism.

I also have been enjoying his insight into life in the Senate, a subject that I am not very familiar with.

My fascination with Barack started when I heard him speak at the 2004 Democratic National Convention. I can't remember who said this exactly but (and it was in reference to politics - maybe it was about Hilary Clinton) the quote "First you fall in love, then you fall in line" pretty much sums it up for me about Obama!