Lauren's Reviews > Going Too Far

Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols

Jan 27, 09

Read in January, 2009

All Meg has ever wanted to do was get away. Get away from everything that makes her life the insane thing it is: her high school, her overprotective parents, and her annoying in the middle of nowhere town. To show her feeling for this she does everything a teen in her town isn’t expected to do: die her hair blue, ride a motorcycle, do drugs, and hook up with random guys. Though, one day she just goes way too far. She is caught hooking up with her boyfriend on a train track where two teenagers were killed 8 years ago, while her friends, Tiffany and Brian, were a few steps away . The police officer, John, decides to teach her friends and her a lesson. So, now on her spring break she is stuck riding around with a hot but totally frustrating guy named John ( the cop who arrested her) during the middle of the night busting up random things. As her week continues, secrets come out about him and her but will they end up falling for one another because of this or will it push them further apart?

Going Too Far was an amazing book that either had me laughing out loud or sitting on the edge of my seat wondering what was going to happen next. I absolutely loved Meg. She was a funny and honest character who had a great back story to why she was the way she was. Also, John's personality was cute and great addition to the story. Though, the thing that had me mainly hooked was Jennifer Echols' writing. It was fast paced, detailed, and addicting. Basically, it was everything a good book should be.

Overall, Going Too Far is a book you will still be thinking about days after you have read it. I suggest this to fans of Courtney Summer's Cracked Up To Be and Brooke Taylor's Undone.

Grade: A+

* Reviewed for Flamingnet

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Going Too Far.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Angela Okay, now you have me intrigued by this book! But I just gave my copy to someone else to read first! Argh.