mark monday's Reviews > Mitt Romney: The Man, His Values, and His Vision

Nov 09, 12

bookshelves: unread-forever

'tis the season...

13 TALES OF TERROR: BOOK 13

once there was a little boy. he had a big dream: to rule the world! and so he enacted his strategy. first, as a youth: become a bully. mission accomplished! second, as a husband and father: become an animal abuser. mission accomplished! and finally, as a public figure: seek out the true powers of the world, this earth's secret rulers: the Business Community... and for them, become a

Photobucket

mission accomplished!

will the boy achieve his vision of world dominance? stay tuned!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mitt Romney.

09/20/2013 marked as: unread
10/03/2013 marked as: unread-forever

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Patrick (new)

Patrick awesome xD

message 2: by mark (new) - added it

mark monday thanks Patrick. 'tis the scariest tale of all. shivers!

message 3: by Davytron (new)

Davytron I was not expecting such a glorious gif. Thank you for that.

message 4: by Noran (new)

Noran Miss Pumkin Mittens scares me! I always vote for the best person, no matter the party they are from. Mitten just scares me. I wish it was McCain again. Obama has to do the right thing, and spend all his time taking care of the victims of Sandy. Saw Mittens lifting a box of water--that is as far as his sincerity goes for the common folk.

message 5: by mark (new) - added it

mark monday i forgot to mention his first & second tasks upon achieving leadership... Eradicate Health Care and Next Stop: Iran. shudders

message 6: by mark (new) - added it

mark monday Davytron wrote: "I was not expecting such a glorious gif. Thank you for that."

thanks! she is actually too fabulous a gif for Mittens. she doesn't deserve that kind of rough treatment!

message 7: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Noran wrote: "Saw Mittens lifting a box of water--that is as far as his sincerity goes for the common folk. "

Sincerity? His campaign bought a bunch of stuff from Wal-Mart the night before, handed out to supporters to "donate" back to the campaign, then sent the goods to the Red Cross...which repeatedly stressed that it wanted financial donations instead, because physical donations are harder to collect and distribute to disaster areas. But hey, photo op!
(Source)

message 8: by mark (new) - added it

mark monday he filed that one under Things To Do For The 47%.

message 9: by Robert (last edited Oct 31, 2012 06:19PM) (new)

Robert Delikat You are Way too kind, Mark.

message 10: by Beatnik (new)

Beatnik  Mary That's awesome! How do I mark something as "unread-forever"?

message 11: by mark (new) - added it

mark monday Robert wrote: "You are Way too kind, Mark."

it is an unfortunate character flaw that i have been trying to eradicate for much of my life!

message 12: by mark (last edited Oct 31, 2012 07:11PM) (new) - added it

mark monday Beatnik wrote: "That's awesome! How do I mark something as "unread-forever"?"

easy peasy. go to edit shelves and add a shelf title. if you want it to be a 'sortable' shelf like 'currently reading' & 'read' & 'to read', then click the box for "Sortable". after that, your options will then have "Unread Forever" (or whatever you want to call it) right up there with Read, Currently Reading, To Read. unlike your regular bookshelves.

message 13: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie "will the boy achieve his vision of world dominance? stay tuned!"

Not a chance.

message 14: by mark (new) - added it

mark monday i am drinking from your same half-full glass. cheers! i just cannot imagine it happening.

message 15: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie mark wrote: "i am drinking from your same half-full glass. cheers! i just cannot imagine it happening."

No really.....it can't happen. All those who do the stats say no.

message 17: by Scribble (new)

Scribble Orca You're giving prostitutes a bad name, Mark.

message 18: by Ali (new)

Ali Jacob wrote: "Noran wrote: "Saw Mittens lifting a box of water--that is as far as his sincerity goes for the common folk. "

Didn't he also so conveniently do that storm relief shit in swing states rather than areas that were actually affected by the hurricane? As usual, I keep thinking a certain incident, in this case Paul Ryan's spending fifteen minutes in a closed soup kitchen for a photo op while pretending to wash already clean dishes two weeks ago, is as stupid as they're going to get, no way is it possible for them to do something even dumber, it is physically impossible for humans to fuck up more absurdly than this band of morons has, and then they do by actively hindering hurricane relief efforts with their nigh useless donations. At least it seems as if Romney was losing badly in swing states anyway, and that was before his "storm relief efforts", which will likely affect his campaign even more negatively.

message 19: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Ali wrote: "Didn't he also so conveniently do that storm relief shit in swing states rather than areas that were actually affected by the hurricane?"

Yep, the "relief rally" happened in Ohio, where Romney has spent the past few days spreading rumors that Jeep was going to lay off employees and outsource jobs to China, even repeating these rumors after various news organizations and President Obama's campaign called him out on it, AND after Jeep denied the rumors too (which they only did after scared employees started wondering what was going to happen to their jobs). He's STILL saying it, trying to scare up a few more votes. Shameless fucker.

message 20: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie "Shameless fucker"

He cannot win the Whitehouse without Ohio.

message 21: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Stephanie wrote: "I am in Ohio, we are not stupid enough to fall for Mittens (the majority of us). And the fuck up with Jeep did not go over well.

He cannot win the Whitehouse without Ohio."

I'm glad your state isn't letting him get away with it. I just hope Obama wins on Tuesday with a much bigger margin than the polls are giving him, because I want Romney to know he lost.

message 22: by Trudi (new)

Trudi Canada will be watching with bated breath -- don't let us down!!

message 23: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Jacob wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "I am in Ohio, we are not stupid enough to fall for Mittens (the majority of us). And the fuck up with Jeep did not go over well.

He cannot win the Whitehouse without Ohio."

I'm..."

I'm an election worker....I know my people. We know what's up in enough #'s to count.

message 24: by mark (new) - added it

mark monday i'm putting all of my eggs in the Ohio basket. go, Ohio!

message 25: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Nichols Your review took away from the bite that this book exists.

message 26: by mark (new) - added it

mark monday that makes me happy! it is easier to laugh at villains like Mittens.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Got to say, I've dug the variety of horror on display here in your reads for the season. Kids may never sleep again with these kinds of stories!

message 28: by mark (new) - added it

mark monday thanks Anthony! so many types of terror in the world!

message 29: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie mark wrote: "i'm putting all of my eggs in the Ohio basket. go, Ohio!"

You, the candidates and the world!

No pressure.

message 30: by Cecily (new)

Cecily I like the shelf name (as well as the review).

message 31: by mark (new) - added it

mark monday thanks Cecily!

Stephanie, you all pulled it off! yay!

message 32: by Jacob (new)

Jacob mark wrote: "Stephanie, you all pulled it off! yay!"

Better than expected, too! Gained seats in the House and Senate (not enough in the former to take it back, but that's what gerrymandering will to ya), kicked out some bad Republicans, voted in some great Democrats, struck down that marriage amendment in MN, approved marriage equality in three more states, and more! Which leads me to ask, Mitt Who?

message 33: by mark (new) - added it

mark monday already forgotten!

message 34: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie mark wrote: "thanks Cecily!

Stephanie, you all pulled it off! yay!"

I worked hard for it honey, let me tell you! I knew there was no reason to panic.

message 35: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Jacob wrote: "mark wrote: "Stephanie, you all pulled it off! yay!"

So wonderful who we got too. Elizabeth Warren, Tammy Duckworth, we got Alan Grayson back (I love him so much!!) What would have put me completely over the edge would have been to say ta ta to Michelle Bachman and Eric Cantor...that would have been sweet.

That gerrymandering crap is ruining everything. We lost Denise Kucinich because of it.

But look how progressive we are leaning these days! All the marriage equality and recreational marijuana. there is hope for this country yet.

message 36: by Jacob (new)

Jacob Paul Ryan held on to his seat too, sadly, but Tammy Baldwin won! I would've hated having two Rs in the Senate--Ron Johnson thought he could mansplain the budget to Baldwin, who served for several terms on the House Budget Committee and was polite enough not to punch Johnson in the dick. Oh, Russ Feingold, you are sorely missed.

I'm skeptical about recreational marijuana, though. D'you think Obama and the DOJ will let this slide (and maybe study the results, in anticipation of legalization nationwide), or are we in for wide-scale crackdowns by the feds, followed by a lengthy U.S. v Colorado and Washington court case?

message 37: by Mike (new)

Mike Heh, Heh, Heh.

message 38: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Jacob wrote: "Paul Ryan held on to his seat too, sadly, but Tammy Baldwin won! I would've hated having two Rs in the Senate--Ron Johnson thought he could mansplain the budget to Baldwin, who served for several ..."

It is an odd thing....the states say it's legal, yet the Feds say "no it's not". I think the president is smart enough to watch what happens. I don't think he'd go and do arrests and other legal action on something that is popular. I think he'll figure a way to legalize and get some much neede revenue from it.