Jenni Arndt's Reviews > Horrid Henry's Monster Movie

Horrid Henry's Monster Movie by Francesca Simon

Oct 30, 12

bookshelves: arc-own

You can read all of my reviews at Alluring Reads

I hadn't realised that Horrid Henry books have been around for so long until I received Monster Movie and saw how many people reminisced about the beloved character. Upon finishing these 4 quick stories I can see why. Henry is a little devil and reading about the crooked situations he gets himself into was definitely interesting. I read this to my 5 year old daughter as well as my 3 year old son and I can't even count the number of times the two of them laughed out loud.

Coming from a mother's perspective I can say that I found myself looking for a moral in these stories and longed for Henry to learn a lesson in each one and was a bit disappointed when he didn't. But I can also say that it was refreshing to read tales that were just for fun! No deep thought went into absorbing these stories and they were strictly for fun which was, in it's own way, refreshing.

The favorite story in our household was Horrid Henry's Grump Card. In this story there wasn't necessarily a straight forward lesson that was learned but I found my daughter raising her hand a lot and pointing out the fault in Henry's actions. It was fun to see how she could identify right from wrong and she was shaking her finger at poor Henry.

I will be on the lookout for more of Henry's books and the kids have been asking for more as well. I definitely recommend these cute reads for anyone looking for light, fun reads that will have your kids (and you) laughing along the way.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Horrid Henry's Monster Movie.