Cece Jay's Reviews > Secrets of My Hollywood Life

Secrets of My Hollywood Life by Jen Calonita

Oct 29, 2012

Kaitlin Burke, the main protagonist, has to worry about a lot of things. First, there's her career. She's an actress, and constantly has to deal with a lot of publicity (busy sched, tabloid attacks, blog buzz concerning her, backstabbing costars, etc.). Second, her family (what with her overprotective mom who's oh-so-annoying and pushy to dangerous limits, to her I'm-just-not-that-into-the-Hollywood-fame-game-which-is-why-I'm-wearing-a-wrinkled-Ralph-Lauren-shirt dad, to her little bro who's constantly looking out for his next big break and plans to use his sister as a weapon to get to the top). Third, SHE JUST WANTS A FREAKING NORMAL LIFE.

Kaitlin and her bestie, Liz, hatch a daring scheme that would somehow (temporarily) give her a taste of The Simple Life. But her cover better remain under wraps, lest all of Hollywood's annoying reporters come knocking at her door. But with evil costar Sky, will she be able to keep mum and experience, just for once, an ordinary life?

Kaitlin is a very sweet, innocent character--one of the main reasons why she'd capture your heart quickly and get you hooked inside this deliciously fresh novel. With a quirky way of seeing things, Jen Calonita's debut book (and series!) will be sure to satisfy all chick-lit lovers. :D

--<3 CeCe <3--

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Secrets of My Hollywood Life.