Jeremy's Reviews > Ender in Exile

Ender in Exile by Orson Scott Card

Jan 26, 09

Read in January, 2009

** spoiler alert ** This post does have some spoilers.
Not as good as the other Ender/Shadow books. Definitely need to read Ender's Game and all of the Shadow books first. Part of my problem with the book was that the majority was set aboard the ship on the way to the first colony. The only thing I can think of that is slightly LESS boring that sitting on a spaceship for 2 years is reading about someone sitting on a spaceship for 2 years. I think there was more written about the play they put on while in transit to the new colony than there was about Ender governing on the colony. I did enjoy the book but one of the best things about Ender is how he works with people to make great teams. We know that he became a great Governor but there isn't much written about him as a Governor. Finding the gold bug and being able to mind speak with them seems more interesting that a reading of "Taming of the Shrew" but all we learned was that Ender was better at speaking with the giant slug things that others were.

Like I said, and it seems to me that I have said a lot in this post, but I did enjoy the book - Who knows maybe there will be another book that goes along with Ender and Val to the many colonies they visited.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ender in Exile.