Maria M. Elmvang's Reviews > Bloodhound

Bloodhound by Tamora Pierce

May 22, 09

bookshelves: owned-audiobook, 4-stars, 2009, fantasy
Read in May, 2009, read count: 1

After the disappointment of Melting Stones it was great to see Tamora Pierce back on track in Bloodhound. I enjoyed it every bit as much as I expected to. It's as engaging as the first Beka Cooper book, and I think the journal style suits the action very well. Odd that I'm not as fond of Pounce as I am of his counterpart in the Alanna series though. He just seems... a lot less sympathetic. Not that I decidedly dislike him, but I didn't mind that he wasn't there for most of this book.

I do think Tamora Pierce tried too hard to be "politically correct" though. One of the main characters is gay, and far too much time is spent on Beka explaining why "that's okay, even though some people don't like it", which ended up really bugging me. If he's gay, he's gay. Just leave it at that. No need to start preaching at the audience.

Susan Denaker did a really good job of narrating the story. She sounded a bit too old to pass for a teenage girl, but did both voices and emotions well, so I can forgive her for not being the right age ;)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bloodhound.