Lesley's Reviews > Along Came Trouble

Along Came Trouble by Ruthie Knox

Mar 06, 13

Read from December 22 to 29, 2012

Another great contemporary romance from Ruthie Knox, she really does know how to write heroes that I'll instantly fall in love with.

Single mother Ellen works exceptionally hard and is very proud of the fact that she has taken care of herself and two year old since her divorce from her alcoholic ex-husband. In short she's my kinda girl.

When her brother Jamie the rather famous pop star falls for Ellen's neighbour Carly the press descend in their droves to Camelot. Jamie hires the rather yummy security expert Caleb Clark to protect Carly and his sister but instead of swooning (like I did repeatedly- I may add) Ellen gets beyond annoyed at his proposed extra security measures which involve high fences, security alarms and general interference in her life because she can take care of herself, thank you very much.

I loved Ellen's character she's stubborn, proud and a little bit annoying but as her story is unravelled I really could understand her initial hostile reaction. She's had to fight hard for her independence after finishing with her controlling ex-husband so it felt completely real to me that she wasn't going to fall for Caleb instantly. Equally, I totally got why a hard working and driven single mother of a toddler would initially think she really only got time for a little bit of fun with Caleb rather than a full on heavy relationship. She's busy for gawd's sake! So I really admired and liked her as a character.

There was however a tiny little bit of me, if I'm honest, that did think it was a freaking miracle that Ellen didn't fall at Caleb's feet after a major bout of swooning because he was absolutely to die for. There's yet to be a Ruthie Knox hero that I haven't loved (I still secretly wish for a Nev/City of my own). Caleb wears his protective alpha male badge with pride. He has his own security business, looks after his family and has an army background need I say more? Caleb wants a real grown up relationship with the stubborn Ellen and like a real alpha man he's prepared to put the work in to make it happen.To. Die. For.

One little thing, although I did enjoy the additional Jamie and Carly story I wished they'd had their own book rather than being squished in with Ellen and Caleb, I for one would definitely have bought it I wanted more!

Over I loved Along Came Trouble. Ruthie Knox is most firmly on my author auto buy list.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Along Came Trouble.

12/23/2012