Pedro António's Reviews > And Then There Were None

And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie

Dec 17, 12

bookshelves: 2012-read, mystery
Read from December 16 to 17, 2012

It's been a long time since I last felt like taking notes and rereading parts of the book before finishing it.

And Then There Were None is just so captivating that I truly made an effort to find out who the killer was before I was done - and I still got it wrong. It's definitely possible, albeit improbable, to solve the mystery before the book's conclusion and I was surely not disappointed with the outcome.

Even though you're introduced to all the characters in very short order, I felt like it was really easy to identify each one and they're all given enough background that you don't mix them up, which added a further sense of caring about each of them and helped keep the absolute tension that's felt throughout the whole book.

The murders are spaced apart just enough that the reader never loses interest or spends too much time wondering about the previous one, and the fact that they all follow the initial poem works beautifully here - you have a vague idea of what will happen next, but not the who, the when, or the how.

From beginning to end I just couldn't put the book down (except to take notes!), it grabbed me from the start and didn't let go until I was done. I wholeheartedly recommend And Then There Were None to anyone looking for a solid mystery novel that truly makes you think.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read And Then There Were None.

12/16/2012 page 190

Rayland Mcintyre I also think Christie did an excellent job introducing everyone. Not once during me reading this did I say "who is that?" or "where did that person come from?". I felt like I knew each character. The assumptions I made, as to who the killer was, were completely wrong each time. Which had me on the edge of my seat reading it. I had to force myself not to go to the end because I felt the same way you did. The scariest part of this book was when the chair was against the wall after the person was hanging from the ceiling. That part made my mind just blow. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and your review.