BizarreLibrary's Reviews > The Faerie Path

The Faerie Path by Allan Frewin Jones

1955449
Jan 25, 09

Read in January, 2009

As Anita Palmer nears her 16th birthday, she has quite a lot going for her. She’s got a group of friends, she up for the role of Juliet in the school play, and the guy playing Romeo is her new boyfriend, Evan. The night before her birthday, she and Evan are in an accident and Anita is thrust into the realm of Faerie. Once there, she discovers that she is actually Tania, the lost princess of Faerie. Anita meets her Faerie royal family and learns about her previous life. There are many new people and Anita soon realizes not everyone is as they seem.

As I was in the mood for a story involving the fey, I decided to read The Faerie Path. I was enjoying the story enough up to the point where Anita is taken into the Faerie realm. Everyone is new, except that Evan is also there. She learns that he has deceived her and she is devastated. The author describes her as heart broken. Yet, in the next moment, she is just fine. That bothered me. She forgets about her true love in a matter of seconds and carries on right after feeling “emotions that burned through her were as intense as anything she had ever known in her life” (Advance Copy p. 59).

After first arriving in the new realm, she understandably believes she is in a dream. More and more evidence comes forth to suggest otherwise, but it takes half the book for her to realize it isn’t all in her head. Another thing was the author’s writing style. There were too many exclamation points for my taste, and for being a fantasy novel, there was very little imagination. Not many supernatural events take place. I also thought the story dragged on. It didn’t pick up until the very end, and I found myself skimming through many pages. Needless to say, I will not be reading the next book in the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Faerie Path.