Arminzerella's Reviews > Eleven on Top

Eleven on Top by Janet Evanovich

In Evanovich's most recent Stephanie Plum novel, Stephanie quits her job as a bounty hunter because she’s getting tired of all of the shooting and explosions. She decides to try her hand at something else. Lula, the one-time filer down at bounty hunter headquarters, decides to take her vacant position – and SHE manages to keep Stephanie busy helping HER with apprehensions. What’s more worrisome is that the explosions don’t stop, and now they’re accompanied by death threats. It seems as though Stephanie has made an enemy. She’s got some suspicions about who it may be, but things don’t come together until the end when she unravels the mystery. Meanwhile she takes jobs at the button factory, the dry cleaners, Cluck in a Bucket – all with disastrous results. She finally seems to find a good position with Ranger’s company, Rangeman. We’ll see in the future if she manages to keep it!

You just have to love the characters in these books, from Stephanie the rather poor bounty hunter to her Grandma Mazur whose energy level is on par with that of a teenager. Grandmas, funeral directors, secretaries, and ordinary dry cleaners are all packing heat. And there are Stephanie’s two love interests, Morelli and Ranger, who make it all a little more interesting as she’s escaping death and being blown up by the seat of her pants.

Readers, both new and returning, will love this Stephanie Plum book – it’s got plenty of new hijinks and humor for everyone to grin at. I devoured the first 10 when I was taking a genre-fiction class - we had to read outside our comfort zones, and Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum novels were my mystery choice. They crack me up; I'm so glad I tried them!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eleven on Top.