Beatrice's Reviews > Slammed

Slammed by Colleen Hoover

May 12, 15

bookshelves: favorite-books, owned, sobfest
Read from October 29 to 30, 2012

I loved it! It was amazing. Jeez! I don't know what to say but this blew my heart away.
i definitely recommend this book to everyone.
BEFORE reading this book, you need a box of tissue paper or handkerchief beside you. (My eyes are still puffy as of this moment)

It was romantic, emotional and will make you swoon. The poems? It was damn beautiful especially on the last part.
Lake and Will are awesome! They definitely Slammed me. I didn't expect this would be so good. I couldn't get over it!
The story, the characters, everything turned out beautiful.
14 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Slammed.

Quotes Beatrice Liked

Colleen Hoover
“I got schooled this year
a
boy

A boy that I'm seriously, deeply, madly, incredibly, and undeniably in love with.
And he taught me the most important thing of all...

To put the emphasis
On life .”

Colleen Hoover
“Question everything. Your love, your religion, your passion. If you don't have questions, you'll never find answers.”

“Imperfections define perfection”

Colleen Hoover
“So you keep your ocean, I'll take the Lake.”

10/28/2012
10.0% "Good start. I'm liking it so far."
10/29/2012
21.0% "I am loving this! Awesome surprises. :)" 2 comments
10/29/2012
64.0% "This is beautiful. good thing I have a handkerchief beside me." 4 comments
show 1 hidden update…

message 1: by Ann (new) - added it

Ann Kristin Gotta read this one soon!

Beatrice It's good. ;)

Gabriella Can't wait to read this, it sounds so good!

message 4: by Kristine (new) - added it

Kristine based on your review, It makes me want to read this ASAP :)

Deepika Read 2nd one yet? Its better than 1st!

Beatrice Sorry for the late reply peeps.
@Gabriella and Kristine - it was really good. You guys will love it. :)
@Deepika- i haven't read the second one.. I'll read it soon.

message 7: by Natshane (new) - added it

Natshane I really want to read this!! The blurb attracted me at first read!! (lol, I'm being incoherent)

Beatrice Natshane wrote: "I really want to read this!! The blurb attracted me at first read!! (lol, I'm being incoherent)"

It's a must read! :) The poems are so good. you'll love it. :)

message 9: by Natshane (new) - added it

Natshane It sounds like a depressing story, just my favorite kind! I love poetries, I couldn't wait for it to make me cry!!

Beatrice Just a bit depressing, prepare something to wipe your eyes. :) It's slam poetry. I bet you'll love it.

I think it's available in your place.. because it's available here already. (but I've read it in e-book format because the stocks here are sooooooo LATE.)

message 11: by Natshane (new) - added it

Natshane What do you mean by slam poetry?

The cover looked very familiar :/ But I guess it never caught my eye because I normally don't go for this kind of covers! It's true what they say, never judge a book by its cover!

message 12: by Beatrice (last edited Feb 27, 2013 04:52AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Beatrice It was like, you are going to recite a poem on stage.. on the spot. something like that.. I've watched one on Youtube .

I agree with you :)

message 13: by Natshane (new) - added it

Natshane Wow, it reminds me of the movie Ten Things I hate About You (with Heath Ledger), I'm definitely gonna get this one! 100% !

Beatrice I'm looking forward on your thoughts about it. I hope you'll write a review on it. :)

(I hope there's a paperback available on your place so you could read it.)

message 15: by Natshane (new) - added it

Natshane Haha, when I get really desperate I'll buy it online, but I'm currently back at my hometown (with no good bookstores) so I'll probably only be able to buy it sometime in March, I hope I can write a review for it, normally good books make me too loss of words to write a review.