Carly's Reviews > Meet Me Under the Mistletoe

6311986
Dec 17, 2012

bookshelves: for-review
Read from November 16 to 20, 2012

Meet Me Under the Mistletoe really is a remarkable debut from Abby Clements that is full of warm hearted fun and has a lot of sparkle throughout. What I enjoyed the most was the 2 ladies separate stories, while they are best-friends they couldn't be more different. I enjoyed different things about the 2 leading ladies - Laurie, I think went on the biggest journey throughout the book and she learns so much about herself. Rachel, she has a real homely feel about her, which I love. The author has found the perfect balance throughout, keeping things light and fun while still putting in tough situations and lots of emotion. The storyline has a little bit of everything and is brought together so wonderfully by the author, who's writing style is fabulous and highly engaging. I could easily recommend this easy, festive read to everyone.

Rachel and Laurie have been friends from childhood but with life and distance between them they have sort of grown apart over the years. Laurie lives in London and has a high powered job in the fashion world. Rachel lives in the countryside and has 2 wonderful children and a loving husband. But when Rachel's mother-in-law takes ill and has to attend a hospital in London, she asks Laurie would she mind if they came to stay with her. Laurie suggests that they house swap, that way Rachel and her family could be close to the hospital and Laurie could escape her disastrous work mistake and her broken heart!

Will Rachel's family come out the other side of some terrible family news? Can Laurie overcome her broken heart and make herself relax and take a break for a change?

Well, the ending is a really feel good one and I was overall very pleased with the outcome! I love the twists, turns and shockers that fill this storyline and there really was never a dull moment while reading. I can honestly say that I will be picking up Meet Me Under the Mistletoe again - maybe next Christmas, as it has really gotten me in the festive spirit!

Carly :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Meet Me Under the Mistletoe.

11/16/2012 page 170