Alan's Reviews > Dumbing Down Our Kids: Why American Children Feel Good About Themselves But Can't Read, Write or Add

Dumbing Down Our Kids by Charles J. Sykes

Apr 13, 09

Read in April, 2009

Numbers tell us that this national is in a academic decline, with its highest 10% of students matched with those of the middle 50% in Asia. It is a reality our nations so called "educationists" are unwilling to accept, and one in which American kids are wholly oblivious to as they wander the halls gossiping about the latest show on mad T.V without a speck of knowledge about how or when the television even came about because such information are labeled as trivial and futile in creating "well-rounded citizens". Class rooms across the nation have employed a methodology of teaching called "outcome based education", and the traditional courses of mathematics, history, and the sciences have essentially been stripped of their meaning as educationists ruthlessly attack the very essence of learning itself. Charles J. Sykes elucidates this occurring national crisis, albeit one that many myopic individuals would consider to be negligible, by presenting the reader with hard, empirical facts that point to the egregious failures of this nations seemingly avant-garde methodology of teaching.
4 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dumbing Down Our Kids.