Jaemi's Reviews > The Frog Princess

The Frog Princess by E.D. Baker

Jan 25, 09

bookshelves: childrens-fiction, fantasy, retellings, ya-fiction, series
Read in September, 2005

I've been having so much fun lately with the modernized Fairy Tales that I finally went back in search of the original Frog. I think I somehow read the second book of this trio once, wanted to go back, but never did. But now I have.

Frog Princess is the story of Emerelda and Eadric. Eadric had the vast misfortune to insult a witch's fashion sense, and was in return turned into a frog. After many months living as a frog, he was quite please when the clumsy Princess Emerelda happened across his path. But when she kisses him to break the spell, events take a new and unexpected twist: now she's a frog too!

Misfortunes pile up, as they are captured by Vannabe when seeking the original spell-casting witch, but with the help of a bat they are able to escape, and guarded by the snake Fang, they make it back to Emma's castle. But not without yet more adventure.

This was another fun one that I plowed right through in no time. I have to say, when all else is hectic, a great fairy tale really can't be beat. And the follow-ups Dragon's Breath and Once Upon a Curse are next on my list.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Frog Princess.