Ana's Reviews > Summer In Salem

Summer In Salem by Brina Courtney

Nov 26, 12

Read from October 27 to November 02, 2012

What would you do if your boyfriend disappears and there’s no clue about where he’s gone? How would you move on? For Teagan, moving to her grandmother’s house under the guise of taking care of her, seems like a great way to make a new start. And it is…for a while. Unfortunately, Teagan’s world will not be as easy as she hopes. This story introduces the reader and Teagan to things that we may not believe in…the existance of witches and the undeniable acknowledgement that evil exists.

Teagan is a good character. One who deals well with the strangeness that she encounters. Even though it takes her time to digest certain situations, she’s always able to pull up the strength necessary to face things head on. Seth is the sexy stranger who seems to know a lot about Teagan and her abilities. He’s mysterious and I still don’t feel like I have a grasp on him. I liked his character, after all, how can you not like a handsome man who has an Irish accent, but I definitely need to know more about him before I commit! Lark is Teagan’s new employer and quickly becomes her best friend. I liked Lark’s spunk and she seemed very real. The one character who confused me was Jason. I feel like I need so much more background and detail about how he became who he is and how he fell into this situation. That piece of the puzzle was missing for me and I’m hoping there’s more in the next book.

The story provides characters to enjoy and a storyline that can lead in many directions. It creates a mystery and provides us with great “bad guys” to despise. And, it leaves enough on the table to make you want to know more…a good start to the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Summer In Salem.

10/31/2012