Daisiemae's Reviews > Velvet Glove: Volume I

Velvet Glove by Sean Michael

Feb 07, 09

bookshelves: books-read-in-2009, books-reviewed-in-2009, books-to-i-will-never-part-with, series-romance, male-male-romance-erotica, futuristic, fantasy
Recommended to Daisiemae by: I love the authors other works
Recommended for: M/M Erotic Romance reader who enjoy some D/s play
Read in February, 2009, read count: 1st of many I am sure

I love Sean Michael's books. I really like his voice when he tells a story. It's always simple, well-paced and he really gets to the heart of his characters...whether the story is 300 pages or 10! I get sucked into the world he weaves and I can't escape until I read the last page.

Velvet Glove: Volume 1 is an anthology of four different stories all written by Sean Michael. Since the Velvet Glove is a premier BDSM club set in the future, all the stories have a D/s storyline to them.
The BDSM written in this book is not hardcore. There are spankings, bondage, whippings, toys, voyeurism and blindfolding. There is NO menage scenes in this book. The couples are exclusive to one another, and honestly the stories are very romantic at times. Two different couples get "collared" which is the same as married in this book. All stories had a sweet quality to them, and one story itself didn't hardly have any BDSM moments at all. Just two people meeting and falling in love.

I loved all of the stories! If you enjoy M/M erotic romance, than this book is definately an option because it DOES have so many interesting characters, unique storylines, sweet moments, great heroes and STEAMY-HOT SEX (WHEW)! I can't wait to read the next one:)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Velvet Glove.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Collette (new)

Collette Great review per usual! Oh so many books and so little time. *sigh*

JoJo I agree! I am going to order this book right after I get off of here. It looks like something I would like. Thanks for the heads up!

Daisiemae Thanks Girls:)

Lindsay I love Sean's BDSM themed books. I just got through reading "Forged" and I loved it. I'll check this series out, too.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Great review. I'll have to add this one if I ever have time to read again.

Daisiemae Thanks Eyre:) I haven't seen in you in what seems like forever! I am glad your back:)