Alex's Reviews > Aurelia

Aurelia by Anne Osterlund

Mar 10, 14

I first read this book a couple of years ago and hadn’t picked it up since. Not because it was bad, but because I had other books I wanted to read. So, when I came to it for a review, I remember the story was interesting and good, but not much so I reread it again.

For her first book, it’s a good one. I enjoy it, I think, even more than I did the first time. I had an idea of what was to be expected in the story but there wasn’t enough hints for me to remember quickly. It’s not easy to figure out the assassination plot before the book tells you. If you read enough stories, you might have a hunch, but there’s no evidence to support the reason why. There is subtle hints into who is behind it, but it’s hard to pick it out unless you know what to look out for. The whole assassination plot was excellently crafted.

The ending was not what I had expected and was the one thing that stuck in my mind about the book after the first time I read it. It was an unique and not typical ending. In a way, it felt like there could be a sequel. I don’t think there will be a sequel, but if there ever is, I would read it in a heartbeat.

If you’re interested in politics, mystery, and romance then this is probably the book for you.

Edit: There is a sequel!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Aurelia.