Libbeth's Reviews > Roseanna

Roseanna by Maj Sjöwall

** spoiler alert ** I heard of this series through a friend on Goodreads and I bought these as a set in the January 2009 sales, a mere £9.99 for all 10 books. I thought that I would read them and then offer them individually on "read it swap it" but, having seen them on the shelf, I doubt I will part with them as this particular set has been designed to spell out "Martin Beck", the central character, when they are all next to each other in order. A nice touch that will make me loath to part with them.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Roseanna.

message 1: by Bettie☯ (last edited Apr 07, 2009 09:11AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Bettie☯ sheesh - I AM gonna visit just to paw your books lol

message 2: by Any (new) - rated it 2 stars

Any Length why don't you read them and then comment on the books. Never mind they look nice on your shelf. I found the first one very boring and would have liked to read a comment by someone who has bothered to read them and talked in their review whether the books were good. Not just whether the books looked nice on a shelf.
What a waste of time your comment was.

message 3: by Libbeth (new) - added it

Libbeth Blimey, I thought them being labelled as "to read" and "scattered around to read" was a bit of a clue that I hadn't read them.

message 4: by Any (last edited May 07, 2015 04:58AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Any Length what a useless comment that is. I'd rather you read the books and then comment. You are just filling up the review section with useless chatter. It's for reviews, not to give a running commentary about how you are going to read these books some day and how nice they look on the shelves. Have you no one to talk to?

message 5: by Libbeth (new) - added it

Libbeth Not "filling up" surely, you didn’t have to click the spoiler and read the one short comment left. Anyhow, I take your remarks on board and I will consider removing my review seeing as you are so offended by it, although in over five years no-one else has been. At the time it was useful information to anyone thinking of buying them, and this was more of a social site back then than it is since Amazon bought it.

Bettie☯ Any wrote: "what a useless comment that is. I'd rather you read the books and then comment. You are just filling up the review section with useless chatter. It's for reviews, not to give a running commentary a..."

Oy, Any - go bitter somewhere else.

Bettie☯ Libbeth wrote: "Not "filling up" surely, you didn’t have to click the spoiler and read the one short comment left. Anyhow, I take your remarks on board and I will consider removing my review seeing as you are so o..."

Please leave your thought-box comments where they are Libbeth. They are useful to others.
:O)

message 8: by Any (new) - rated it 2 stars

Any Length Bah! This is a place where genuine readers share about books, not a place where people who would like others to think they read books can talk about how nice the books look on their shelves.